“We measure our success by the success of our clients.”
Strategies to help increase your personal cash flow, keep key employees and protect your business.
Latest News from Balanced Planning
Why A Buy-Sell Agreement Is Vital For Your Business
A buy-sell agreement is a legally binding document that sets out what must happen to a business if one or more of the owners is no longer involved. It is crucial for businesses as it protects both shareholders and the business itself in the event of a partner’s departure. A buy-sell agreement provides many benefits, including maintaining business continuity, minimizing disputes between remaining co-owners and the family of the departing owner, decreasing stress and uncertainty for all business owners, and protecting business assets and liquidity with a solid financial and tax plan.
Retirement Planning for Business Owners – Checklist
As a business owner, one of your challenges is learning how to balance between reinvesting into the business and setting money aside for personal savings. Since there are no longer employer-sponsored pension plans and the knowledge that retirement will come eventually, it’s important to have a retirement plan in place.
We’ve put together an infographic checklist that can help you get started on this.
Tax Tips You Need To Know Before Filing Your 2022 Taxes
It’ll be time to file your 2022 taxes soon, and you must take advantage of every tax credit and deduction you can! Our article covers the following:
• Canada Workers Benefit.
• Claiming home office expenses.
• The tax deduction for zero-emissions vehicles.
• Return Of Fuel Charge Proceeds To Farmers Tax Credit.
• Eligible Educator School Supply Tax Credit.
How To Use Insurance To Provide Your Family With Financial Protection
The best way to provide your family with financial protection is with solid insurance planning. These three types of insurance will ensure your family has the financial resources they need if you die, are injured, or become ill:
– Life insurance.
– Critical illness insurance.
– Disability insurance.
Federal Budget 2023 Highlights
On March 28, 2023, the Federal Government released their 2032 budget. This article highlights the following financial measures:
• New transfer options associated with Bill C-208 for intergenerational transfer.
• New rules for employee ownership trusts.
• Changes to how the Alternative Minimum Tax is calculated.
• Improvements to Registered Education Savings Plans.
• Expanding access to Registered Disability Savings Plans.
• Grocery rebate.
• Deduction for tradespeople tool expenses.
• Automatic tax filing.
• New Canadian Dental Care Plan.
British Columbia 2023 Budget Highlights
On February 28, 2023, the B.C. Minister of Finance announced the 2023 budget. We have highlighted the most important financial measures you need to know:
• Tax credit changes.
• Increases to the B.C Family Benefit.
• Carbon tax changes.
• Other important tax changes.
• Healthcare and housing spending.