“We measure our success by the success of our clients.”
Latest News from Balanced Planning
Welcome to our 2023 financial calendar! This calendar is designed to help you keep track of important financial dates and deadlines, such as tax filing and government benefit distribution. You can bookmark this page for easy reference or add these dates to your personal calendar to ensure you don’t miss any important financial obligations.
The end of 2022 is quickly approaching – which means for business owners, it’s time to review tax tips and strategies to maximize your benefits.
The end of 2022 is quickly approaching – which means it’s time to get everything in order, so you’re ready when it comes time to file your taxes.
We’ve broken this article into the following sections to make it easy to find the tax tips you’re looking for:
• Investment considerations, including how to best contribute to TFSAs, RRSPs, and RDSPs.
• Families, including how to claim childcare expenses and make the most of RESPs.
• Retirees, including essential details about applying for CPP and OAS.
Being a single parent is a lot of responsibility. Learn how the right types of insurance can provide you and your family with the financial protection they need.
It’s important to make the most of your retirement income. To do so, you need to be aware of what income is and isn’t taxable, and also how to make the most of the tax breaks you’re entitled to. This article outlines the four main steps you need to take to ensure you keep as much of your retirement income as possible:
1. Make a financial plan.
2. Split your pension income.
3. Buy an annuity.
4. Be aware of retirement-related tax breaks.
Blended families – where two people get married but have children from previous relationships – are becoming more common. On top of the day-to-day challenges of blending a family, new spouses also have to figure out how to plan their estates, so everyone is properly taken care of.
We cover all of the following a blended family must consider while estate planning:
• Sharing the Family Home
• Make the Most of a Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• How to Share Non-Registered Investments and Other Assets
• Why It’s Important to Select a Good Trustee
• The Advantages of Life Insurance for Blended Family Planning