“We measure our success by the success of our clients.”
Latest News from Balanced Planning
You know you need life insurance – but you’re not sure which kind is best for you. There are two main kinds of life insurance:
• Permanent, which lasts for your entire life. Premiums can be more expensive, but you can also use the policy to build up cash value.
• Term, which is only good for a set amount of time. Premiums are less expensive, and you cannot build up cash value – but coverage is easy to get and understand.
We can help you determine which type of insurance is best for you and how much it will cost you.
Getting into the world of business is a meticulous task, but so is getting out of it Whether you’ve just hit the ground running on your business or if you’ve been at it for a long time, there is no better time to plan your exit strategy than now.
On February 22, 2022, the B.C. Minister of Finance announced the 2022 budget. We have highlighted the most important financial measures you need to know, with an emphasis on:
• Supporting sustainable economic development
• Offering stronger healthcare
• Expanding child care options and lowering fees
• Supporting capital infrastructure
• Providing funding for affordable housing
• Promoting clean transportation
Budget 2022 includes no changes to personal or corporate tax rates.
TFSAs and RRSPs can be significant savings vehicles. To help you understand their differences, we have put together this article to compare:
– TFSA versus RRSP – Differences in deposits
– TFSA versus RRSP – Differences in withdrawals
Understanding the differences between these two types of tax-advantaged accounts can help you better plan for future purchases and your eventual retirement.
Looking for an “at a glance” document covering all the important dates you need to know to stay on track with your financial planning in 2022?
Our 2022 financial calendar (which you can easily bookmark or print out) makes sure you’re always in the loop! It lists important dates, including:
• Payments dates for the Canada Child Benefit, CPP, OAS, and the GST/HST credit.
• When TFSA contribution room starts again.
• Tax filing deadlines.
• Charitable contribution deadlines and the last day to contribute to registered investment accounts.
• When the Bank of Canada interest rate announcements are.
The end of 2021 is quickly approaching – which means it’s time to get everything in order, so you’re ready when it comes time to file your taxes.
We’ve broken this article into the following sections to make it easy to find the tax tips you’re looking for:
• Individuals, including details on COVID-19 benefits and important tax credits.
• Investment considerations, including how to best contribute to TFSAs, RRSPs, and RDSPs.
• Families, including how to claim childcare expenses and make the most of RESPs.
• Retirees, including essential details about applying for CPP and OAS.